
If you find yourself in a Dark Place, get a dog. Here is one of the things that is helping me with mine. She is 2 years old and is a Sheltie/Border Collie/Cocker Spaniel mix. She is just the sweetest thing ever and loves the kids to pieces!
We spent several hours digging and laying wire to enclose our yard with an invisible fence. I'll let you know how that's working out later. So far we just let her out on a leash. For some reason (we think perhaps she was abused in the past) seeing the leash freaks her out. But, once we have it on, she is a great walker! She stays right by my side...unless she is running with one of the kids!

"Cookie please."
12 comments:
What a sweetie. We want a dog but are not sure what kind. Will it turn our lives upside down? Will it be for the better? Will the cats hate out guts? All important questions. Enjoy your puppy dog.
Good for you! Layla will pay you back with love tenfold.
Cute. My friends have an invisible fence and the dog will run right through it. My stepmom has it and it works great.
I am interested to hear how yours goes.
Awww ... there is something to be said for unconditional love, isn't there?
Lu--I suggest getting one from a Humane Society or Animal Sanctuary that is at least 2 years old. That way they are out of the puppy stage. Go to petfinder.com and you can search by breed, size, area, and maybe find one that fits your lifestyle. They will even say if the dog tolerates other pets, cats, children, etc. Good luck and let me know if I can be of further help.
Mick--I'm sure she will.
Karen--Well, today was Day 1 of training. They say it will take 2 weeks of training before you should be able to let them off the lease confidently. So far, she is doing what she's supposed to.
Dana--yes, there is.
Awww. She got me om on my knees. Cheers!!
Matt-man--I was waiting for someone to say that. That song plays through my head every time I go out to see her.
How sweet! And she is a cutie! How could you NOT love her! Where did you get her from?
Bina--I got her from an Animal Sanctuary place.
Look at those eyes! What a beauty!
RLL--Yes, she is. Just melts you when she looks at you.
Post a Comment