Today is the 8th Birthday of my son Liam Thomas. He was an angel baby born with anencephaly who we were blessed to have grace us with his presence for 6 1/2 weeks. This was one of the most defining moments of my life. Everything from the moment we found out about him (5 month ultrasound) to his birth to his death has changed my life completely. Usually as this time of year gets closer and closer I tend to be more emotional. However, this year, whether because of busyness or more healing, I have been coping better.
Tonight we will be celebrating with a few close friends who've become our second family. We will have cake and sing Happy Birthday and share pictures of our son & brother.
This is a poem that I found and printed in his Funeral service. If anyone has lost a child, or you know someone who has lost a child, I think this sums up our feelings quite well. So, if you're not sure what to say to someone who has experienced the greatest loss imaginable, read on...
PLEASE, don’t ask me if I’m over it yet.
I’ll never be over it.
PLEASE, don’t tell me he’s in a better place.
He isn’t here with me.
PLEASE, don’t tell me you know how I feel,
Unless you have lost a child.
PLEASE, don’t ask me if I feel better.
Bereavement isn’t a condition that clears up.
PLEASE, don’t tell me God never gives us
more than we can bear.
PLEASE, just say you are sorry.
PLEASE, just say you remember my child,
if you do.
PLEASE, just let me talk about my child.
PLEASE, mention his name.
PLEASE, just let me cry.

We miss you Liam! Mama loves you!!!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Liam!
Thoughts are with you and your family on this very special day!
Happy Birthday, Liam! We are thinking about you all on this special day! Lots of Hugs being sent your way.
Happy Birthday to Liam.
Happy Birthday, sweet Liam.
Happy Belated Birthday to Liam. Friday, was my son's 14th birthday. Cheers Apple!!
Thanks to everyone for the Birthday wishes. I know Liam is up in heaven celebrating with his Grandma Pat and Aunt Cindy and other relatives just having a blast!
I am so sorry. Happy Birthday to your beautiful boy!
The pictures are priceless and so very very beautiful.
Post a Comment