Thursday, October 9, 2008

I think I only use half my brain...




Left Hemisphere Style
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rational
Responds to verbal instructions
Problem solves by logically and sequentially
looking at the parts of things
Looks at differences
Is planned and structured
Prefers established, certain information
Prefers talking and writing
Prefers multiple choice tests
Controls feelings
Prefers ranked authority structures

Sequential

Is a splitter: distinction important
Is logical, sees cause and effect

Draws on previously accumulated, organized information



Right Hemisphere Style
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intuitive
Responds to demonstrated instructions
Problem solves with hunches, looking for patterns and configurations
Looks at similarities
Is fluid and spontaneous
Prefers elusive, uncertain information
Prefers drawing and manipulating objects
Prefers open ended questions
Free with feelings
Prefers collegial authority structures

Simultaneous

Is a lumper: connectedness important
Is analogic, sees correspondences, resemblances

Draws on unbounded qualitative patterns that are not organized into sequences, but that cluster around images



Guess which half???


What are you?


-Happy Analyzing!

6 comments:

Ken said...

Right! I think fits me best but I'm not sure what side figured that out.

Schmoop said...

I am a bit of both but more right brained than left. Cheers Apple!!

Unknown said...

Hmm, I've looked and looked at this, and I swear, I'm 1/2 of each. But MAYBE just slightly more left because I like talking and writing and I'm structured, but NOT planned.

Confusing. I just don't know.

But I'm guessing you are Left????

As American as Apple Pie said...

Mick--I could see you as right.

Matt--so you're well-balanced?

Bina--Yes, I am left. I have virtually NO right qualities. It's a wonder I don't walk in a circle!

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'm a right-brainer stuck in a left-brained lifestyle! I'm so tired of being a lefty. I think I need to do something creative this weekend!

Have a great one!

And hey...which one are you?

Apple Hubby said...

I only use the bottom half of my brain.