I'm your average American girl...who just happens to love pie.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
W-w-w-w-w-Wednesday Would You Rather
I'm up bright and early this morning to catch a flight to WI. My SIL's funeral will be Fri morning and then I'll fly home that evening. On that cheery note I thought I would pose a Would you Rather that is slightly out of the ordinary. Have you even thought about it?
Would You Rather...
be buried in the traditional manner (casket)?
OR
be cremated and have your ashes spread somewhere (tell where)?
Cremated and I'd like the cylinder containing my ashes placed with my long ago deceased parents. Either grave will do. Split the difference and place me between them.
Wow! I must admit I'm surprised to see so many votes for cremation.
Myself, I have specific instructions for my funeral and creamation. (for those that know me this should not surprise you) I want to be spread in a variety of places like the home I grew up in, where I went to school, each house my husband & I have lived in, Duluth, MN, Chicago, Mall of America, Hilton Head Island. These are all places I love.
To be honest, I want to be cremated and put in the garden - wherever we live. But not for any noble or thoughtful reason.
When I'm gone, what happens to my body means little. I just don't want to take up space somewhere. I just wish it was cheaper, (but then I've always been a Scrooge)
I want to be cremated. My ashes will be scattered over the Gulf Of Mexico. I don't want anyone to worry about coming to visit my grave, which is nothing but a casket with remains that are not me.
I would rather be buried as part of a green funeral. (No embalming please). And preferably in an inexpensive plain wood box. I am not really offended by the idea of being creamated and honestly whoever is taking care of my shell after I am out of it can do what they want. Although I would prefer not to be a cadaver for science, in fact I really don't want any of my organs harvested, unless they will pay my family for them.
I am a mother of 2 girls & one boy, collectivly known as the "Chiles".
I love Starbucks, salmon, and really good Creole food. Since moving to the South, I've also found I really like grits.
I also love motorcycles and good wine, not necessarily together!
Want to know more? Send me an email and we'll talk!
11 comments:
Cremated and spread over a bunch of cool places.
-Doc
If you bury me and let the bugs eat me I will come back and haunt you every moment of every day!
On that note, cremate me and do what you want with the ashes! Flush them for all I care!
Although I did see kind of a cool thing - Eternal Reefs - and would be willing to allow that as an option!
Cremated and I'd like the cylinder containing my ashes placed with my long ago deceased parents. Either grave will do. Split the difference and place me between them.
Creamated. Half of me on the strip in Vegas and half on Lake George in NY state.
Cremated and my ashes spread on a sandy beach. Preferably the very spot where Adriana Lima sits for a sexy bikini photo shoot. ;-)
Seriously, though. Cremated and spread some place like the Monterey Peninsula would be just fine.
Wow! I must admit I'm surprised to see so many votes for cremation.
Myself, I have specific instructions for my funeral and creamation. (for those that know me this should not surprise you) I want to be spread in a variety of places like the home I grew up in, where I went to school, each house my husband & I have lived in, Duluth, MN, Chicago, Mall of America, Hilton Head Island. These are all places I love.
Slow roast would work for me, then feed the fishes.
To be honest, I want to be cremated and put in the garden - wherever we live. But not for any noble or thoughtful reason.
When I'm gone, what happens to my body means little. I just don't want to take up space somewhere. I just wish it was cheaper, (but then I've always been a Scrooge)
I'm afraid of being buried for the same reason Dana is.
Where to sprinkle the ashes... the ocean sounds like a good place.
I want to be cremated. My ashes will be scattered over the Gulf Of Mexico. I don't want anyone to worry about coming to visit my grave, which is nothing but a casket with remains that are not me.
I would rather be buried as part of a green funeral. (No embalming please). And preferably in an inexpensive plain wood box. I am not really offended by the idea of being creamated and honestly whoever is taking care of my shell after I am out of it can do what they want. Although I would prefer not to be a cadaver for science, in fact I really don't want any of my organs harvested, unless they will pay my family for them.
Post a Comment