Wednesday, June 25, 2008

W-w-w-w-w-w-Wednesday Would You Rather???

I had to think long and hard about what I wanted my very first "Would You Rather" to be on my own blog. It needed to be memorable and fun and just a little bit crazy, kinda like me!

These are the circumstances…A powerful deity decends from on high and informs you that, for reasons beyond your understanding, your life is about to change. He allows you to choose between two possible fates, and he asks you...


Would you rather...


be able to fly?









OR







be able to read other people's thoughts?
Things to consider: travel, weather, knowing things you didn't want to know, knowing how people really feel
Happy Pondering!
-Apple

14 comments:

Dana said...

No hesitation - I'd rather be able to fly! I have no desire to know what other's think - I'm confused enough with my own thoughts!

Karen said...

Much like Dana, it is a no hesitation thing for me. I would love to read others thoughts. That would fascinate me!

Doc said...

Normally I would say read other thoughts...however with the high price of gas these days flying would make my commute a 'breeze'

As American as Apple Pie said...

Dana--I'm right there with you!

Karen--I would like to be able to know for sure when people are lying to me.

Doc--no kidding! Think how awesome visiting/vacationing would be! Although I'd have to keep the kids on a tether or something so they didn't get lost!

Ken said...

How scary it would be to know what everybody is thinking!!!!!

I wanna fly.

Jay said...

This is kind of tough. I mean, knowing what other people were thinking would be cool at the poker table. And with all the winnings I probably would be rich enough not to give a crap what people thought of me.

But, being able to fly would be soooooo cool. If I could fly AND be invisible, then that would be a no-brainer. I would make great use of those two talents.

As American as Apple Pie said...

Micky-T--I think the benefits would outweigh the fears.

Jay--Being invisible would probably be the ultimate superpower.

Knight said...

Reading people's thoughts would be amusing but I would soon hate everyone and I wouldn't be able to live in the city because I would hear everyone all the time. It would be so loud.

I pick flying. Oh wait, it would mess up my hair. Hmmm... I'll buy a hat. Yeah, flying is easier.

As American as Apple Pie said...

G--Yeah, I was thinking about the weather issues too. Also, how would you land? Is is like Superman where you just stand up? Landing is the scariest part of flying for me so I would have problems with that.

Knight--I've thought about that too. It would be like Mel Gibson in "What women want". Riding in elevators would be hell!

Anndi said...

I want to fly... There are a few people I'd like to dive bomb.

Aunt Becky said...

Fly. Without a doubt. I have no desire to read people's minds. What if they thought I was fat?

Apple Hubby said...

Just think of the bombs you could drop as you are doing strafing runs over your (fill in blank here)'s car. I mean if you think bird poo is disgusting...

Unknown said...

Definitely fly! I dream of it constantly. Maybe I was an Eagle in another life? LOL

But I would NEVER want to know what other people are really thinking. It would be a fate worse than death.

Lu' said...

Fly! I couldn't take knowing what people think. Urgh I have a hrd time dealing with what most people actually say :)