Friday, June 27, 2008

Over the river and through the woods...

to Grandmothers house we go. Ahhhhh yes! It is my favorite time of the year. The day that we pack up the Chiles and drive 20 hours to WI to visit family and leave the Chiles with the 'rents. Actually my favorite part will begin next Thurs as Apple Hubby and I return to NC san Chiles.

So here's what's on the agenda...


Fri--drive to Louisville (anyone near there who wants to meet for a drink?)
Sat--drive to WI

Sun--visit my old church and "family day" with my side.

Mon--Lunch at the Acoustic Cafe which has THE BEST hogies ever!!! Picture time with the Chiles and Apple Bros kids. Apple Bro and wife arrive from AK (hopefully). (Apple Bro wife is in the hospital this week due to dehydration which is probably related to her busy schedule and chemo for breast cancer. Please pray for her to get better)

Tues--Time for me to see my favorite Chiropractor (he's amazing!!!!!! Apple Hubby thinks so too). I'm also going to run errands to the cheese factory and my favorite chocolate shop, Legacy Chocolates. In the afternoon we have pics with Apple Hubby's side of the family and dinner with them. There are 26 grandchildren on his side!!!


Wed--I get to visit with a couple of my friends from High School since I'll be missing the reunion this year. Yes, I'm bummed about that...I love reunions! I'm a freak, I know. Anyway, I'll get to have lunch and go shopping!!! In the evening we'll get back with my family and have Ted's Pizza, the best pizza ever!!! Are you sensing a theme here? Yes, it's all about the food.


Thurs--start the trip back to NC. We'll be staying somewhere in Chicagoland (not sure, don't have hotel yet). It'll be just Apple Hubby and me so we can take our time and do whatever we want. THIS is the vacation part.

Fri (July 4th)--return home and try to catch the fireworks. Who knows, maybe we'll take an extra day to stop somewhere else. Gotta take advantage of the opportunity, ya know.

So basically I've shared all this with you so you know what's going on in my life and that I may not be blogging much next week. I guarantee that when I do, I will have stories to tell. Pray for safe travel and sanity with three Chiles in the car for 20 hours!!!
--Happy Trails!
Apple

11 comments:

Dana said...

Ummm ... hello??? I think you forgot the most important agenda item on your trip!!

As American as Apple Pie said...

G--Oh yeah! I am totally motivated by food.

Dana--No I didn't. I just didn't want to make anyone jealous. That is going to be the highlight of the trip. That and the food.

Jay said...

Have a great trip. Just give the kids each a shot of NyQuil and put them to sleep while driving. Wait, that means they'll be awake all night. Bad idea I guess. Well, anyway, have a fun trip! Drive carefully!

As American as Apple Pie said...

Thanks Jay! We do have the Benedryl, just in case.

Karen said...

Have a safe trip. Sounds like fun. And now I am starving....it is all about food. LOL.

Ken said...

Have a good time, thats a lot of road time with the kids. Something tells me you have really good kids because if you didn't that would be one crazy way to vaca!
Drive safe!

Lu' said...

May sanity be yours. It's a stretch but I thought I'd give it a try for you. Safe trip. Have a great return journey. My first thought was that you two may want to hook up, see I know. And I would too if I could...

As American as Apple Pie said...

UPDATE: my SIL is REALLY sick. Her liver is not working and not responding to the drugs. If it doesn't start soon, she only has 1 week to live. Vacation plans are totally up in the air.

We drove until 3am last night to get to Chicago. We slept for 3 hours and are heading out now. Six hours left to go...

My parents and brother's kids are flying out to Anchorage tomorrow night so we wanted to give the Chiles as much time as possible together.

Doc said...

FYI to anyone reading this - I got a call from apple last night and the situation does not look good. Please keep Apple and her family in your prayers.

Schmoop said...

Have a safe and fantabulous trip. Cheers!!

Unknown said...

20 hours? Three kids?? Holy Cow missy, you are BRAVE!!! I wish you safe and fun travel and ... hey, what are you and Dana talking about?? Huh???????